There are lots of people who can be proud of their gorgeous balconies, patios and other outdoor parts of dwelling. However, it’s not always possible to enjoy fresh air and warm wind when you are permanently gazed at by curious pedestrians passing by. That is when the question of how to make the part of your home more private appears.
Actually, it’s not hard to deal with the problem to fence off your private space when you are creative enough and your imagination is great. However, if you lack ideas, there are some brilliant universal variants which will help you turn your balcony or terrace into a quiet place for solitude and even make it more attractive.
One of the greatest ways to cordon off your outdoor space is use different plants, thus, forming various kinds of hedge. Of course, it’s necessary to choose an appropriate type of plant for each kind of hedge. Let’s look at the most popular ideas for green fences:
- Pots with plants – pots may be put anywhere to protect you from prying eyes. Moreover, you always can get rid of them easily if, for example, you don’t like the smell of your plant, or your renter doesn’t like the idea. Creative pots may also become a part of design. Usually, arborvitae, tall grass, fruit trees or some high bushes are chosen for this kind of green fence.
- Hedge – it is a rather popular and widespread kind of fencing all over the world. Why don’t you try it at your terrace? Surely, a hedge must be looked after and requires watering and pruning, but it looks amazing. An important thing here is to choose the right plant. Boxwood is considered to be the best, but other plants may be chosen as well.
- Trellis – for this type of cordoning off you are to buy climbing plants, like ivy, and grow them carefully. Although the process of growing isn’t fast, at first your privacy will be provided by the trellis themselves.
- Vertical garden at home – that is a wonderful idea of combining vegetables and herbs grown on your own with privacy created by tower planters. This kind of fence resembles the idea with pots, but mixed with hedge. However, here is the advantage of growing something you can eat.
Image: Furniture Store Los Angeles
It’s common knowledge that plants are not just a great kind of fence, but also oxygen producers which means they improve air structure. Nevertheless, some people wouldn’t like to get involved into gardening, or just don’t like the idea. There are variants for them as well:
- Faux hedge – it’s for those who wouldn’t like real plants at home, but generally love them. You don’t have to look after this hedge, water it or prune. It’s enough to choose size and enjoy your privacy together with greens.
- Drapes – as nowadays manufacturers offer all the possible kinds of cloth, it’s for sure that you will find the one that you want to buy and hang it to create private space and corresponding atmosphere. It’s better to purchase waterproof cloth design especially for outdoor usage. Remember to wash your drapes from time to time to keep them neat.
- Pergola – this idea is hard to realize as building skills are required, but it will brilliantly protect your private space and you don’t need to look after it at all.
There are many other ways to create privacy at your outdoor space – that is the question of creativity and money you are ready to pay. Turn on your imagination and enjoy the privacy you’ve created.